Service and Activities
Program Chair. American Association of Museums Media & Technology Standing Professional Committee board. May, 2010 – present.
- Responsible for soliciting and reviewing session proposals that are submitted to the Media & Technology SPC. Evaluates and makes recommendations to submitters for refinement of proposals. Presents and lobbies for qualified proposals to the National Program Committee in Washington DC in August of each year.
- Attends monthly teleconferences with other board members to discuss activities of committee and provide input.
Past Secretary. American Association of Museums Media & Technology Standing Professional Committee board. January, 2007 – August 2009.
- Developed Resources section for Media & Technology website. Page will include materials about various topics for new technology professionals. Topics include “how-tos” about podcasting, digital photography, selecting metadata, choosing a collection management system, and using content management systems.
- Attended monthly teleconferences with other board members to discuss activities of committee and provide input. Took monthly minutes and volunteered for tasks as needed.
Grant Panelist. Digital Humanities Start-Up Grant Competition. National Endowment for the Humanities; Washington DC. May, 2008
- Participated in an advisory panel for the NEH’s Digital Humanities Start-Up Grant, evaluating approximately 30 grant applications for feasibility, institutional impact, field-wide benefits, and clarity of purpose.
Participant. Open Archives Metadata Mapping Project. March, 2010 – present.
Contributor. Musematic blog. AAM Media & Technology with Museum Computer Network. November, 2006 – present.
Museum Computer Network. 2005 – present.
AAM Media & Technology Standing Professional Committee. 2006 – present.
AAM Registrar’s Committee Standing Professional Committee. 2006 – present.
Greater Bay Area Costumers Guild. 2004 – present.
Honors and Awards
Named #9th Most Influential Jewish Institution Twitterer by Jewish Telegraphic Agency. May, 2009.
Museum Computer Network Scholarship. November, 2006
Phi Beta Kappa Induction. November, 1999
Outstanding Senior Biologist. May, 1993